Saturday, April 19

the last chapter of a long and complicated story

Very interesting week. I spent last weekend and Monday writing a rough draft of my paper for Cindy. And met with her on Wednesday to talk about it, it is good, I just need to make a few changes in it before Wednesday. So this is the last thing I have for my Masters besides my Thesis, kinda scary. Especially since the last classes are this week. Seriously how is it almost the end of April?


So Saturday after spending most of the day in the library, I went over to Kara’s for some pizza and trashy TV. It was glorious. Yay for a comfy Saturday night in and relaxing. Sunday was paper all day, after cleaning the house in the morning. So that was fun, not really. Monday was back to the usual, work and then I decided to go to the library Monday evening, and I saw the library was increasing their hours for the study month, so I was excited to not be getting kicked out of the library at 2am! But of course it is UCC, so the library and I hate each other, so of course it isn’t that simple. So at 10pm we were kicked out the library only to have to line up outside to be let back in. So Monday night I was in like with about 100 other people lined up outside the library like it was a bloody club. Never again, I’ll have to be more productive working at home from now on. So that was my fun Monday night. Tuesday was just work and dinner with Kara, then more paper, nothing fun.


Wednesday after my meeting with Cindy and lunch with Kara, I finally got to meet Jenna! Jenna, as in the other girl Jenna. I know it sounds crazy (to most people), but it was great. It was fabulous to finally meet her, and it was even better we finally met back in Cork.Her boyfriend are traveling a week in Cork visiting friends and then off to Europe for a few weeks. So it was seriously awesome to talk with her. We emailed a lot that summer and fall semester of senior year, and since then have kept in touch, mostly by facebook, so we both knew each other's story but talking about them together was even better. We would be sitting in the pub, having different conversations and then be like OMG, I just remembered something and then we would laugh. We really do have a lot in common, a lot more than we realized, but yet we are very different. Does that make sense?


So it felt like meeting her really closed that book, like it was the final chapter to a long story. It was definitely needed and I'm glad it finally happened. It was great just talking about everything and sharing our experiences. The best thing out of everything was the fact I made a great friend, so we can thank him for that.


So Megan is over in Ireland visiting, her and a friend stayed at my place last night, and they will be back tomorrow, they went to Killarney and Galway for the weekend and then her friend leaves Monday and Meg is here until Thursday. So lots of visitors :) which has been great. I love seeing my friends.


So I have become obsessed with Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. It is bad, but both shows are sooo addictive. And sad news in hockey, the Devils lost their series to the bloody Rangers, I'm surprised my dad hasn't said anything to me yet. oh well. Anyway, time to get dressed, Kara and I are going out tonight for a night on the town. It should be fun, because we haven't gone out together in forever!

2 comments:

kelly. said...

hahaha. gossip girl is new monday night. and one tree hill was new this week, it wasn't that good. but i am excited for them next week..

ps, the devils SUCK. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

So I'm about a month behind reading your blog and I'm catching up, but I just wanted to say I am also a new One Tree Hill addict. It's crazy how being in Europe makes me enjoy American TV so much more than I do at home. Hope all is well. :)
Kathryn