i've talked about my love for the book eat,pray,love by elizabeth gilbert before when i first read the book back in 2008 when i was visiting my sister in wales. and when i went to italy in february 2009 i was in heaven and absolutely loved italy and re-read the book again. i've read it 6 or 7 times, my copy is sooo marked up. i have passages underlined and highlighted and notes in the margins. and i just loved the book and the idea of balance.
so when i saw it was being made into a movie i was ehhhhh. i always prefer the book to the movie and so i was like ohhh, this might be interesting and uggh, how bad are they going to ruin it. and having julia roberts as liz was good. and then i saw the trailer and was like ohhhh! so it was a busy weekend, but i went to see it with amy and captain on sunday and enjoyed it for what it was as a movie. i try to separate movies from books, but this is my FAVORITE BOOK! and i was kinda concerned how they would convey her words, which are just incredible. and i was right. i loved the voiceovers where she would quote a part of the book, and overall i did enjoy the movie. i loved the scenery, and omg, want to go to bali now. and i loved the italy scenes! i thought the beginning crying scenes could have been a bit more powerful, i thought bali wasn't explained enough, but it was good. it can't be the book.
i will be reading the book though this week while i'm in maine :)
2 comments:
I actually hated this book. I so wanted to love it, but to me it was a little too preachy and read like a self help book. Even though I disliked the book, I really want to see the movie. It looks pretty cute.
I've heard mixed things on the book and honestly, don't know if I plan to read it. But the SCENERY in this movie makes me want to get on a plane right now.
Post a Comment