i've always been a fan of concerts and seeing my favorite musicians live from when my parents took me to my first concert - the beach boys when i was 7. and in the last few years i've been on a concert kick either planning months ahead and getting tickets as soon as they went on sale or deciding a few days before and trying to get last minute tickets, but in the last few years i've seen a lot of my favorites live.
this year i was super lucky to see 12 concerts and a few people multiple times including:
brett dennen

sugarland/matt nathanson/little big town
U2
keith urban/jake owen
taylor swift
kenny chesney/ zac brown band/billy currington/ uncle cracker
zac brown band at the southern ground music & food festival
zac brown band/train at the southern ground music & food festival
hootie & the blowfish/ edwin mccain/pat greene/colt ford/etc at pro am jam
darius rucker/justin moore/thompson square
phil vassar/craig morgan
lady antebellum/josh kelley/eden's edge
it was an awesome year of concerts to add to my list of
beach boys (1992)
simple plan/sr 71 (2003)
3 doors down (2003)
OAR (2004)
something corporate (2005)
rascal flatts/gary allen (2006) in NC
rascal flatts/gary allen (2006) in NYC at the garden

snow patrol (2007)
bruce springsteen (2009)
riverdance (2010)
taylor swift/kellie pickler (2010)
eagles/dixie chicks/keith urban (2010)
tim mcgraw/lady antebellum (2010)
rascal flatts/ kellie pickler (2010)

out of all of these concerts it is really hard to choose what has been my favorite. i mean seeing bruce springsteen, the eagles and U2 were all incredible. some of my favorite bands growing up and then finally seeing them live all were pretty awesome shows. i have wonderful memories of seeing rascal live the first time down in north carolina, the thunderstorm before tim mcgraw and getting soaked, the excitement of seeing t.swift live the first time with my mom and brother and the production value of her shows, being a few feet away from zac brown and seeing hootie & the blowfish from 5 feet away perform a few songs at a charity concert. i have great memories and laughs from each show because they were all so different and with different people or just myself.



there is just something about the atmosphere of a concert no matter if you are along the stage, at the very top of the stadium or soaked to the bone in lawn seats or anywhere in between and i love it. i love the crowd all excited, singing and dancing along to my favorites, the roar of the crowd when they first come out and everything about it. i just absolutely love concerts. as of now there are no plans for any in 2012 yet, but there have been a few shows that i would love to see so just have to see if i'm in the same place at the same time. but a majority of my 2011 shows i bought tickets only days in advance (actually the only ones purchased more than 2 weeks in advance were keith urban) most of the time i was like oohhhh "favorite person" is in town anyone want to go? on monday when the concert was for saturday.
do you like concerts?
what has been your favorite concert?
9 comments:
I LOVE concerts and I used to go to multiple a year but I haven't been to one in so long. My top concerts so far have been U2, Damien Rice, Wilco, you know what - I can't decide!
i wonder if we were at the same beach boys concert... (my first concert, also!) was it with America at PNC (when it was the Garden State Arts Center)?
you have been to some pretty awesome concerts! and glad i as a part of one of your favorites! :)
I really like live music, but I prefer small venues with acoustic instruments, rather than big groups in huge stadiums. I like to be able to hear what I'm hearing - I went to an REM concert once, and while it was fun, I really prefer listening to their music on CD as the acoustics are better... :)
Hooray for concerts! Glad you got to see so many this year! I LOVE concerts, and spend a lot of my fun money on them. My favourite shows have always been U2's shows, but it's hard to pick just one. I keep a document of all the artists I've ever seen (lots of festivals, so I've sometimes seen 5-6 in one day), and the list is crazily long. That's not even counting the bands/artists I see every time they come to town.
For 2012 I'm hoping to go see Coldplay, but that might be a bit of a crapshoot, since the tickets went on sale while I was mid-flight, and of course there was nothing left when I landed and checked. Fingers are crossed that we'll somehow manage to find tickets, because I've been dying to see them for years. :)
I think I'm weird that I dont love concerts - I have seen Dave 4 times, BNL, Dixie Chicks, Counting Crows, Gavin DeGraw, Michelle Branch, Dispatch (BEST SHOW EVER) & VaCo. . . I would love to see Kenny Chesney <3
Hope your knee is feeling better!
As you know I super love concerts! My favorites have been U2 and Kenny Chesney. Kenny was cool bc he opened his entire tour in Dayton. So I saw the very first concert of the tour. He had some guest singers like uncle kracker and kid rock. It's also funny bc sugarland was the opener to the opener who was dierks bentley and I have NO idea who they were at that time haha.
OMG!! My first concert was the beach boys too!! It was at PNC! I love them! I've seen them in concert like 10 times. lol
I rarely get to go to concerts, but when I do, they're usually country. Next week we're seeing Scotty McCreery, The Band Perry, and Brad Paisley. Lady A is coming in Feb, but my husband informed me he won't be taking me. Ha ha! He's not a fan of ballads.
P,S, I saw the Beach Boys in concert when I was 15
Post a Comment