So I was in Florida two weeks ago for work and ending my four conferences in four weeks. So I was tired and just couldn't wait to be home! But I was looking forward to some sunshine as I was going to Florida after my cold cities in Indiana, Ohio and New York, but noooope, mother nature had other plans in store. When I was there (the last week of March) it was COLD. Tuesday was a high of 61 and it was windy, the low on Wednesday was in the 30s - it was technically warmers in the morning in DC. But I took advantage on Tuesday to travel to a National Park! I went to Canaveral National Seashore which is about an hour from Orlando. And despite the chilly weather I did take a walk on the beach and enjoyed the sunshine!
 |
| National Park # 66! Woooooooo :) |
 |
| Walking down onto the beach! |
 |
| Nothing I love more! |
So then I had a few fun filled days of conference life. Orlando was a bit crazy - so it made for a long few days. I just kept counting down until Sunday! So since the spring set of conferences is ending soon we celebrated Easter with a staff lunch out! All decked out in our Easter gear - we had a staff Easter egg hunt before we left!
 |
| Ladies lunch in Orlando - the whole staff this week was female! |
 |
| Heather - my PC partner and I in our Easter bonnets! |
So I flew back home on Monday morning and it was SO nice to be home! I relaxed and cleaned, laundry/all the fun things after being gone for 4 weeks. And then on Tuesday the boy and I went for a hike - it was a bit chilly but just great to get outside.
 |
| Gorgeous views of Virginia - the Shenandoah mountains are in the background |
The rest of the week was uneventful - I was in the office 3 days this week. It was kinda crazy, but so nice to know that at 5pm I was done for the day! I'm looking forward to the next few months of just being in the office prepping for the summer. I enjoyed catching up on tv and just enjoying some quiet nights in. Friday night though I headed into the district to get my Cherry Blossom 10 miler bib for race day on Sunday! It was a gorgeous evening to be out and about and walking along the mall.
This morning Patricia and I went on an adventure to MD so I could add a few more National Parks to my list. We went to Catocin Mountain Park and Monocacy Battlefield.
 |
| My trademark photo with signs! National Park # 67! |
 |
| Patricia and I after a little frolic through the woods! |
 |
| Pretty views! |
Catocin has a neat history - FDR originally had the CCC and other WPA projects done here during the Depression and created a presidential retreat here. So somewhere in the park is Camp David! And then we drove a few miles away to Monocacy and learned all about this important battle in 1864!
 |
| July 1864 - Battle of Monocacy in MD |
So now I'm off to bed, getting up super early tomorrow for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler! Wooo! I'm excited, though I haven't been running much. Hoping the Cherry Blossom's have bloomed more since I saw them on Friday - the cold weather has kept them from blooming! How have your last few weeks been?
No comments:
Post a Comment