traveling around ireland and spain with roomie the last 10 days has been fabulous! i'm uploading all the pictures now (both hers and mine) and going through them all. we also took a few absolutely hilarious videos in spain involving the alcabaza, mediterranean sea and tapas.
so while i unpack, organize my life, do some laundry, make dinner, maybe watch the superbowl and organize all the photos to upload them tomorrow at work i'll leave you with 10 laughs from the adventures.
1. me driving in ireland - see this for the recount of my amazing driving ability - we did 986 km in 3 days!!
2. we hugged LOTS of history. as in hugging spanish arches, churches, the alhambra, museums, abbeys, that super awesome orange trees in malaga, the mediterranean sea....
3. i speak LOLcat spanish. like seriously. i know the vocab.. but my verbs.. OMG. all over the place.
4. sherry, not such a good idea. amy and i were at a tapas bar in granada, and she ordered wine. we wanted a sweeter red, we had a FAB one at the first pllace we went to. and so i go up and i bring it to the table - i'm like amy... this is brown... and it didn't smell like wine either... so we took a sip - it tastes like a cross between wine and whiskey... so we consult our guidebook and realize we are drinking sherry... but it is andalucian and we were in andalucia... so it was funny.
5. tapas are amazing. i was quite adventerous and tried all of the tapas we were given. so in spain we went out to tapas bars for a few glasses of wine, and with each glass we were given some sort of finger food. it was fabulous! and with wine only like 2.50 a glass, it was even better. i tried all different sorts of ham, cheese (including the red cheese, haha) and even olives (which i still don't like.)
6. omg art! went to three different art museums in spain. the piscasso museum in malaga, and the prado and reina sofia in madrid. saw some absolutely amazing works of art.
7. 4 days of sun and warmer weather makes me very happy. but seriously 4 days of sun in a row. i don't know what that is like anymore.
8. letting amy experience her first irish guinness and beamish! and she also went to the jameson distillary while i was at work on tuesday and got a personal tour.
9. adding -gasim to everything. like the first scenerygasim i had while driving through connemara, then the alhambragasim and the omg artgasim i had about 3 times...
10. spending 10 amazing days with roomie and having a fabulous time showing her the country i love and a spanish adventure!
11. had to throw in an extra - i took 740 photos, amy took 705. and i found out what happens when you hit 10,000 photos taken on your memory card - it starts over again at 0 in a new folder. since september 2006 i have taken 10324 pictures....
amy and i in malaga at the alcazaba
amy at the PRADO, where she finally got to see las meninas
hugging some history at the alhambra in granada
doing cartwheels on the beach in malaga along the med
amy and i at the alhambra
so hope everyone had a fabulous weekend, i'm slowly catching up to my reader... AHHHH! and seriously, february! eeeek!
6 comments:
Your picture is amazing. Makes me miss Madrid.
I think I just had a trip envy-gasm. Wat an amazing time, glad you had so much fun!
definitely an envygasm hahaha
I've never tried sherry, but perhaps I should steer clear of it based on your review? I've never had the tapas experience either, but I'll definitely have to if/when I make it to Spain.
But it sure looks and sounds like a lovely trip!
(P.S. I love the description of LOLcat Spanish, haha)
I like how you hug history. That's cute. Hehe.
My friend just went to Spain. She sent me the most fabulous e-mail and I was so jealous. Much like I am jealous of you.
Sounds like you had an amazing time! Aww I'm so jealous...I miss how easy it is to travel over there.
Love the pictures! Spain looks beautiful. And I'm glad you finally got to see 4 consecutive days of sun. I bet in Ireland you sometimes forget what the sun looks like. Can't wait to see more pictures!
Post a Comment