Thursday, January 22

what kind of adventure can we have?

you don't understand how excited i am right now.

i will be leaving after work tonight to spend the night in limerick, so i can get to shannon bright and early to be waiting for my fabulous roomie with a cup of coffee so we can begin our euro adventures.

i can't wait.

i am more than excited to show her around the emerald isle, take her to some of my favourite places and let her get a glimpse into why i LOVE ireland so much.

we are renting a car (eeeek! i'm kinda nervous about this, but i'll be ok. we're getting an automatic and i've been in cars enough over here so i'm used to driving on the other side, but i've never driven) and going to at least galway, cliffs of moher, killarney, blarney and all around my little city by the lee and who knows what else between galway and cork. we don't have any set plans, except friday night in galway and saturday night in killarney and back to my house sunday night. so should be quite the adventure.

and then after a few days in cork, we are headed to SPAIN!

i can't wait, roomie and i always have fabulous adventures, even if it is just going to the grocery store, so 10 days in ireland and spain... watch out!

and in random notes.
ummm, bruce. once again i'm like wtf. his new cd comes out tuesday in the us. monday in the uk and TOMORROW in ireland. i don't get why ireland gets it first, though i think amy and i may be stopping into a shop and getting it.

and aerobics yesterday was fabulous. it wasn't just right. not easy, but definitely not hard. After aerobics with novice crew coach and power hour with kanagroo man at 6am nothing can ever be hard again. i'm not as sore as i expected to be this morning - YAY!

hope everyone has a fabulous weekend :)

6 comments:

Tom said...

Have a lovely time in Spain- I've never been so I expect to hear all about it. But then again, I've never been to Ireland. Hopefully I'll make it there someday.

I didn't realize Bruce's new CD comes out next week! I've been so caught up in U2 stuff it totally slipped my mind.

Leashie said...

Wow, so jealous!!! There is nothing more fun than showing people from the US around your new country...especially when they can't understand people and you have to translate. Or maybe that's just me. But Spain will be incredible! It's a place I've always wanted to go but have! Can't wait to read about your adventures!
xx

Pam said...

Have fun on all your adventures! Spain sounds amazing...that's the one place I didn't get to when I studied abroad and I'm dying to go there some day.

Enjoy Galway! I'm insanely jealous that you get to be there. Please take lots of fun pictures and write extremely detailed recaps. Just kidding...kind of. Have fun! And definitely look for Hole in the Wall, The Quays, King's Head and Tia Na Og (or something like that).

Oh! And the BEST Guiness pint in Galway is at a little pub on Shop Street called Garavans (I believe). The Irish guy I dated over there swore by it and I definitely agreed with him.

Dash said...

hey, just found your blog - looking forward to reading it some... have fun on the trip - ireland is very close to the top on my to-do list.

kelly. said...

wooooof.

i need a vacation, life is getting to me....

have f8un. i better get a present since i know this is NOT your first time being in spain and the parents don't knowww. hahahahaha [insert evil voice here]

anyways, have fun. be safe. get some cute boy. k byeeee.

Pam said...

Oh and by the way, I tagged you for an award on my site. I just can't get enough of your blog...I love it!