So I'm faced with another dilema. I'm really leaning towards doing it so hopefully it will all work out. My college roomie needs a roomie for the next 4 months and they also kinda need someone at her work to help out. I love her line of work and it is actually something I want to pursue (but in a different subject matter, but I do like boats) so I'm seriously considering when I get back moving to CT for a few months. As much as I love my parents, I don't really want to live back home and I would rather do this than substitute teach. So I'm now convincing my parents that instead of being smart financially and moving home, I should move to CT. Plus I think this would look better on a resume than substitute teaching and I'd still be working with students just in a more fun way. And it fits in perfectly with my time frame for wanting to work at a summer camp/summer academic camp/something teaching. So fingers crossed this works out!
And in other random news, Socks the cat, the beloved Clinton family pet was put to sleep this morning. I was sad to hear this news.
Also crazy this is my last weekend to relax before 3 crazy ones traveling :) Tonight was fabulous I got home and instead of a cup of tea I made a malibu and pomegranate. I bought a bottle of Malibu for almost nothing in duty free coming back to Ireland and decided it was time to drink it, so I'll be having my own personal happy hours after work. I think it is a fabulous idea. And I'm reading an old Jodi Picoult - Songs of the Humpback Whale. So that was an enjoyable way to spend the evening.
I have to reshoot some of the video resume. My placement counselor had some advice, it was small, but it is enough to make me want to do it again. I'm a perfectionist, so while he said it was good the one small suggestion he made has fighting with my camera in the morning. It is funny after my student teaching, where we were filmed and made to watch and critique it ALL the time, I still hate watching myself. So I'm hoping since yesterday took forever, but now I know what I'm saying and all of the earlier mistakes I made I can hopefully shoot this in 2-3 takes. And be DONE.
Tomorrow I'm doing the usual Saturday things around the city and the video resume and then I think I'm seeing Vicky Christina Barcelona with Kara and then I'm going to hang out with one of the girs from work and watch movies and have my own toast to George Washington since I can't be at Birthday Ball. So happy weekend to everyone!
6 comments:
Personal happy hours = lovely things.
I think it would be a lot more fun, and probably a better thing, if you lived with your old roomie and worked with her. It may end up costing a little more, but it's probably worth it in terms of what you'd learn, as they say.
I'd opt for your ex-roomie, than 'rents!! Money isn't anything and I'm sure less cash wouldn't equal less fun!
Enjoy VCB - I've seen it, but Match Point remains my fave WA film! VCB was a little odd, I thought!
Erin, no pressure, but I would do anything to have you help us out! I will knit you a whole wardrobe, bake you cookies everyday, fan you with a giant palm frond, whatever floats your boat. No pun intended.
Either way though, enjoy the heck out of Ireland!
Good luck deciding where to live! Do whatever makes you happy.
Ooh! Following up one adventure with another sounds like a lot of fun.
I'm confused though - where's CT?
WOW CT!! I know your roomies boss, should i put in a good word for you?? Are you sure you want to come to CT??? We are crazy here!!
Post a Comment