The weather was omgtastic!!! It was almost 90 in Connecticut on Saturday and Sunday and sunny! You don't realize how excited I was for this. I didn't have a "summer" last summer, I had 3 weeks in the States, so that was it for warm weather and sunshine. So the fact that summer is coming and this was a sneak preview has me soooo excited for the next few months.
Friday afternoon I drove up to Avon where I was going to be spending the weekend with a good friend of mine and was so excited when I saw her! It had been way too long, so the whole weekend was just fabulous. We seriously talked allll weekend. About everything, and it was great. I love that I have been able to get back in touch with friend now that I'm back in the states. And so Friday night was awesome becase we saw BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.
Can I just say, wow. He puts on an amazing show. Like an almost 3 hour concert. It was incredible. And he is moving the entire time. The set list was quite good, I knew about 2/3 of the songs, and you just have no idea what he is going to play. Soooo many to choose from. This is what he played.
Badlands,Outlaw Pete,Jackson Cage, She's The One, Working On A Dream, Radio Nowhere, Seeds, Johnny 99, Ghost Of Tom Joad, Raise Your Hand, Wild Thing, Rockin' All Over the World, E Street Shuffle, Waiting On A Sunny Day, The Promised Land, The Wrestler, Kingdom of Days, Lonesome Day, The Rising, Born To Run, Cadillac Ranch
(encore)Hard Times, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, Land Of Hope And Dreams, American Land, Rosalita
for a total of 26 songs. Now I was sad he didn't play either Glory Days or Born in the USA, but he did play Born to Run, so I was ok with that. And he is doing the coolest thing this tour, in the middle he picks a few posters from the audience (the VIP's were told to come with posters of songs they wanted him to sing) and he would randomly pick a few songs and play, so ours were Wild Thing, Rockin' All Over the World, E Street Shuffle, and Waiting On A Sunny Day. Yes, he did play Wild Thing, it was hilarious. He would hold up a poster and show it to each member of the EStreet Band and then just go. There is a video of him playing Wild Thing on his website, and also at one point in the show the crowd ripped his shirt sleeve off, and it was just awesome. Our seats were pretty good, it was a smaller venue in Harford, so you could really see good from anywhere.So Catie and I had a great night of singing and enjoying Bruce. I love seeing him sing Born to Run, that is my second favourite song of his behind Jersey Girl.
ripped shirt sleeve more concert
So Saturday Catie and I headed to her parents house for brunch and then to one of her favourite places/musuems. The Hill-Stead Museum, which was incredible. I love houses and this was no exception. The woman Theodate Pope Riddle who designed the house was one of the first female architects in the US, the family has a impressive art collection (a few Monet and Degas paintings) and a few of her designs on the house are just awesome. Tons of natural light, and amazing views, she put closets everywhere (in a time when closets were not in houses) and it was just fascinating. And she also survived the Lusitania sinking. So us being the history dorks we are had fun and then enjoyed walking around the grounds in the sun.
The rest of the weekend was good, lots of shopping :) YAY for Bananna, JCrew, Gap and Old Navy! I now have a few cute summery pieces and I'm excited! And we went to a great restaurant in West Harford for dinner and enjoyed sitting on the rooftop bar and totally both got some color! And then had some quality Colin Firth time with the BBC Pride and Predjudice. And today was more shopping and relaxing and eating at yummy places and taking advantage of the sun and eating outside. So AMAZING weekend and so much fun.
Off to bed as tomorrow starts 12 days in a row with 8 groups. It is going to be intense! Annnnd I'm going with Amy to practice in the morning to cox her Masters (adult) rowing class. So first time since June 2007 coxing a boat. Should be interesting, but I am soooooooo excited. I have missed it so much!
and a little bit of Bruce... sorry I can't change the verticalness.
3 comments:
Grrrrrrrrr, your weekend looked so much cooler than mine!
I really love "Land of Hopes and Dreams." That's definitely one of my favorite non-standard Springsteen songs. I also like "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" so I'm bummed he didn't pick that one, haha. But it looks like a really great show!
What great pictures! Sounds like a fun time. I LOVE Glory Days!!! One of my favorite songs evah.
Those are the best weekends, when you can catch up like that.
Glad you had fun at the concert- I haven't seen Springsteen that must have been amazing! I really liked Devils and Dust, but I haven't had a chance to listen to his newer albums.
Anyway, that museum looked pretty cool too, my architect boyfriend has made me have a better appreciation for architecture.
Post a Comment