Eeeek! It has been a crazy few days here in Connecticut!
Things are amazing and I love it here! And I haven't been this busy in a while, so I am loving that.
Work is great! I survived my first group and loved it. I really enjoy working with the kids and the stuff they are doing is great, I'll be doing a few things on my own next week with the next group, which I am so excited about! I'll also be doing my first overnight shift, which should be good as well. It will be a looong day as I'll be at work from 9am on Monday to about 2pm on Tuesday. But hey, I'm used to it from camp. The group we just has was pretty awesome, the kids were super smart and really enjoyed themselves. The next few weeks are ok, as we only have one group each week, but the last week of April and all of May is crazy! We have 12 days where we have groups non-stop and then the rest of May is groups every weekday. So I'm going to be super busy! But I'm learning a lot, and I'm actually surprised about the stuff I do know. So I'm pretty confident that I'll do a good job on my first tours by myself. When the kids played Jeopardy I knew all the answers to their questions, and I just need to learn some of the smaller details, but I learn by reading and doing it. So I've done a lot of the readings, I've seen a few of the tours done, and now I can't wait to do it myself! So I'm really happy with the job :)
Though this week was mad with Tuesday and Wednesday leaving the house at like 8am and getting back at 10pm. So Amy and I pretty much checked our emails and watched a little tv and we were in bed around 11ish. So pretty crazy. And since I've been in CT, I've been talking with Gator... we've been texting back and forth this week and trying to figure out a time to see each other. With my crazy schedule and his is even crazier, we weren't sure if we were going to be able to work something out. But somehow Thursday night he didn't have to work, I didn't need to be in on Friday and my kids left around lunchtime, so we saw each other Thursday night. It was great to see him and we had had a good time catching up. So we'll see what happens. I don't have high expectations as it is Gator and our history is interesting. But I had a good time and hopefully we'll be meeting up soon.
Haven't been up to much else. The weather has been very Irelandish. Lots of rain, grey skies, fog and blah. I can't wait for Spring! Last night was fun, Amy and a few friends and I made pizzas, drank some fabulous Spanish red wine, peanut butter brownies, drove the cat crazy playing with her, laughed a lot, and played the longest game of trivial pursuit. And history was made... as I lost the first game of trivial pursuit last night. We played all the time in college, usually at 2am after a fun night out. And I lost. It was a close game. But it was fun. Though staying up talking and laughing until 3am was something I hadn't done in a while.
And so I'm just enjoying the weekend, catching up on the last few episodes of my American tv shows that I've missed. I got an external hard drive and now I'm backing up my computer. And then I can clear up some space so I can finally put all my recent pictures up. YAY!
And yay for Easter candy! I love that jellybeans are around :) I've been enjoying them the last few days! And I'm joining the cult, I'm going to start reading Twilight this weekend....
5 comments:
I think this summer i am going to read twilight so that I can be cool for the tweens that I am working with :-)
Sounds like you are having a great time!!
Yay for picking up Twilight!!! You'll never go back. ;)
Glad your first week back at work was good.
I am so excited to have jelly beans!!! I can actually eat them becuase they are gluten free! It is wicked hard but the results are looking good so thats motivating me to keep up with it! Plus I never knew I had this much will power! Oh the things you discover lol.
Woohoo for Twilight! You won't be able to put it down!
Ohhhh my gosh, you are starting Twilight? You MUST keep us all updated on your thoughts/feelings/obsessions as you're reading please. I'm jealous...I wish I could read them all over again for the first time, if that makes any sense. The writing isn't the best (please note the ridiculous number of times the word "chuckle" is used), but the story is so good and so addictive. Enjoy!
And enjoy those jelly beans, too!
Post a Comment